The Weld House Museum is located in Nauvoo's business district and is one of western Illinois's best examples of Greek revival architecture. It is named after Dr. John Weld, a physician who came to Nauvoo in 1837. Tax records show that Dr. Weld lived in the house from 1842 to 1846. In 1986, the Nauvoo Historical Society purchased the property and began a massive restoration. The Society continues the restoration and preservation efforts and rooms that have been adopted by local families. Paintings, artifacts and family records are just a small part of this historic museum.
Latitude: 40.549741 Longitude: -91.380547 Elevation: 656 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here