The Olde Newry Store is located in a late 1800's General Store/Grocery Store that has been restored to house a beautiful gift shop in the lower level and an Antique Shop called Picks of the Past in the upper level.
Located 2 1/2 miles south of Cashton, WI along State Hwy 27 at the Junction of Co. P.C. This is located just 30 miles from LaCrosse and the Mississippi River. The physical address is S519B State Highway 27 Cashton, Wisconsin 54619
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
Owned by Local Entrepreneurs Chuck & Kathy Kuderer who acquired the property in April of 2014, and had the building renovated to save it from certain demise! We are dedicated to preserving this piece of History!
In 1848 the Norwegians came to America and settled the little burg of Newry, where they established a quite prosperous small town.
Early records indicate that Newry, which was first settled by Norwegian settlers in 1848, had several businesses. There was a Sorghum manufacturing plant, a lumber dealer, sawmill, creamery, hardware store, black smith shop, grocery store, feed mill, tavern and more. In addition there was a church which remains today, a school and two depots. One depot was for freight coming in and one for passengers. The store is the only remaining building.
The store which is located in Section 11 of the Town of Christiana in Vernon County, Wisconsin was a general store or grocery store for many years. While the age of it is unknown, it is believed that it dates back to the late 1800’s
The lower level is handicapped accessible.
Upper level is not.
Pet Friendly Notes
Pets are allowed on our spacious yard, but please no pets in the gift shops.