One of the few examples of Georgian church architecture left in America, this is also one of the oldest Episcopal churches west of the Mississippi River.
Built in 1844 by Bishop Leonidas Polk, the churchyard has a memorial to Polk, and one of the many old tombs behind it is that of Francis T. Nicholls, former governor of Louisiana and Confederate general. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Guided tours of both church and cemetery with prior arrangements. Donation to church appreciated.