Southwest Reef Lighthouse

After a vigil of over 130 years on the Atchafalaya Bay, Southwest Reef Lighthouse now rests on the banks of Berwick Bay. Southwest Reef Lighthouse was built in 1858 to replace Point Defer (Point Au Fer) Light Station below Eugene Island and was lit for the first time on September 1, 1859. It has been located at the Everett S. Berry Memorial Lighthouse Park since April 1990.

Read more

Location

Collapse
Nearby
Latitude: 29.69412 Longitude: -91.21619 Elevation: 7 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
Carrie Stansbury

Hours Open

Open to the public daily

Visitor Fees

Free

Leave a Comment

Submit