This striking Greek temple was built chiefly of northern pine by Siemeon Smith circa 1850. The rear of his home was attached to a smaller 1807 Greek Revival building, which was originally a tavern operated by Barnet Hulick. Shadowlawn remained in the Smith-Berwick-Snowden family for a century and a half. T
The home was meticulously restored by the late Dr. Mildred Christian, and in 2011 it was donated to the St. Mary Landmarks Society by Dr. Alan Hoberman. View a St. Mary Cannoneers flag along with other Confederate items on display.