Palfrey House

This house featuring Temple of the Winds capitals on its fluted columns, is located in Baldwin, LA. This imposing Greek Revival was built in 1851 by Governor Joshua Baker for his daughter Fannie, who married Charles Palfrey. Acquired from subsequent owners by Mrs. Henry Palfrey in 1892, the home was restored in the 1950s by the present owner, Mrs. David H. Stiel Jr., a granddaughter of Mrs. Palfrey. The portico is repeated at the rear; an antebellum privy is a recent restoration project.

Read more


Latitude: 29.831803 Longitude: -91.544277 Elevation: 13 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
Carrie Stansbury

Hours Open

Private Home

Leave a Comment