Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Linden Hill is one of the most elegant retreat destinations in Minnesota. It is situated on nine well-groomed acres overlooking the Mississippi River and is walking distance from historic downtown Little Falls, Minnesota.
The Weyerhaeuser mansion, a grand home built overlooking the Mississippi River in Little Falls was built shortly before Charles Weyerhaeuser married Frances Maud Moon in Duluth, Minn., on Dec. 14, 1898. Drew Musser built a luxurious home next door. The Weyerhaeusers occupied their home at Linden Hill from 1899 to 1920. In 1920, when the Pine Tree Lumber Company closed, they left Little Falls to pursue other lumber business interests in St. Paul. Today, the mansion houses the Linden Hill Historic Museum, where we tell the stories of the Weyerhaeuser and Musser families who built and lived their lives in these houses, as well as the story of the Pine Tree Lumber Co., and what life was like in the early 1900's.