House on Ellicott's Hill

Andrew Ellicott, under the direction of President George Washington, and in defiance of Spanish authorities, raised the American flag on this hill in 1797. Architecturally, the style of the House on Ellicott's Hill, which was built in 1798, reflects influences of the West Indian Caribbean, where Natchez had common trade interests with the French, English and Spanish. Overlooking the terminus of the Natchez Trace, it is a mid-1930's historic restoration project of the Natchez Garden Club.

Address: 211 N Canal St, Natchez, MS

Read more

Location

Collapse
Nearby
Latitude: 31.562914 Longitude: -91.403899 Elevation: 205 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
Jennie Guido

Hours Open

10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Time Period Represented

1798

Seasons Open

All year

Visitor Fees

$10

Accessibility Notes

This home is handicap accessible from the rear entrance on Jefferson Street.

Pet Friendly Notes

N/A

Leave a Comment

Submit