Hilaire Lancon House

Originally situated on Grand Cote Plantation off Cypremort Road, this typical Louisiana Creole cottage was built about 1848 by the Weeks family and was called "the Canal House." Purchased by Hilaire Lancon in 1877, it remained his residence until 1913. In 1992 the house was moved 23 miles by truck to its present location on Irish Bend Road and restored with great care by present owners Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Stirling.

Read more

Location

Collapse
Nearby
Latitude: 29.83463 Longitude: -91.497226 Elevation: 13 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
Carrie Stansbury

Hours Open

Private Home

Leave a Comment

Submit