Built in 1806 by Jacques Guibourd, this poteaux sur-sol home features vertical log construction and an up-close look at one of the finest examples of French Norman roof trusses still remaining.
From 1806 until 1971 this prominent home was a private residence. The last private owner and resident, Anna Valle, wished to make the home a memorial to her husband Jules Felix Valle. In her world travels Mrs. Valle acquired a vast collection of antiques. The Foundation for Restoration of Ste. Genevieve now maintains the house with Mrs. Valle's antiques on display. LaMaison Guibourd Valle is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.