Built in 1790 by N. Janis, this National Historic Landmark home is one of the oldest surviving original structures in Ste. Genevieve. It has been known as the Greentree Tavern since 1804. In November 1807 it was the site of the first meeting of Louisiana Lodge #109, the first Masonic Lodge west of the Mississippi River. The Greentree Tavern is privately owned and is not open to the public; however, its vertical log construction can be viewed from the street. A monument with information concerning the Green Tree's role as a Masonic lodge is located in the park across the street.
Latitude: 37.974487 Longitude: -90.040924 Elevation: 391 ft