First Presbyterian Church of Natchez

First Presbyterian Church, located at the corner of South Pearl and State Streets, is one of the finest examples of a Federal-style church in Mississippi. Constructed in 1828-1829 on the site of an earlier church, it is home to a congregation organized early in the 19th century. Stratton Chapel, added to the rear of the Church in about 1900, is named for Joseph B. Stratton, pastor at the church from 1843 - 1893 and emeritus for 10 more years until his death.

Stratton Chapel houses "Natchez in Historic Photographs", a collection of astonishing photographs of early Natchez from the Gandy Collection.

Read more

Location

Collapse
Nearby
Latitude: 31.559107 Longitude: -91.404198 Elevation: 217 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
Jessica Cauthen

Hours Open to Visitation

Open to the public daily.

Leave a Comment

Submit