Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Church of the Holy Trinity in Vicksburg is considered by many to be the finest example of Romanesque Revival architecture in Mississippi. A few years after the Civil War, a group of faithful churchmen petitioned the Bishop to organize a new parish in the growing southern end of the city. Construction of the new church began in 1870 and concluded nine years later at a cost of $85,000.
Dr. W.W. Lord, the first rector and a former seaman, climbed the 200 foot tall steeple to place the cross at the top. The church's 26 stained glass windows include many in the traditional German, British, and American styles of the period. The first of these windows were funded with contributions from Confederate and Union veterans and dedicated to all who died in the siege of Vicksburg. Six of the windows were designed and executed by Tiffany Studios of New York. The church continues to serve a thriving parish nearly 150 years after its founding.