Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, located within Cape Girardeau’s North County Park, showcases the rich cultural history and diverse natural resources of southeastern Missouri. The nature center is a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient.
Nature center features:
- Explore two miles of nature trails that wind through rolling river hills with sinkholes, ravines, and deep hollows.
- Enjoy our wildlife-viewing areas and see how native plants provide habitat for various wildlife species.
- Encounter nature’s wonders through hands-on exhibits, a scientific research laboratory, and freshwater aquariums.
- Visit Paul Corbin’s collection of Native American artifacts.
- Enjoy interactive exhibits featuring habitats found in southeastern Missouri, and learn where to go for your own adventure.
- Join us for a public program or special event, or schedule one for your own organized group. Call or visit us online for details.
- Become a nature center volunteer!
Official Great River Road Interpretive Center
The Great River Road National Scenic Byway follows the course of the Mississippi River for 3,000 miles from northern Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico. The scenic route passes through 10 states and hundreds of river towns. Learn more >