Originally named Oakbluff, this beautifully proportioned Greek Revival mansion was built around 1846, most likely by David Bell. It was the home of the Edmond Rose family for many years, and Theodore Roosevelt was twice a guest in the home during the family’s ownership. In 1969, the 100-plus-ton house was moved by a barge seven miles downstream to its present spectacular setting on the Teche. The owner at the time, Mrs. Fairfax Foster Bailey, then carried out a marvelous restoration. It is now the home of Dr. and Mrs. Steve McPherson. Private home.
Latitude: 29.76405 Longitude: -91.457621 Elevation: 11 ft