Bittersweet

Distinctive Bittersweet was built about 1845 for S.C. Mathison by William Porter Allen, contractor and first mayor of Franklin, Louisiana. It was then purchased in the 1880s from Mathison heirs by Allen's son, Judge A.C. Allen, also a Franklin mayor. In 1972, owner Mrs. Joseph Alexis Blanchard carefully restored the house and added a rear wing for contemporary living. Bittersweet is now owned by Judge and Mrs. John Conery.

Read more

Location

Collapse
Nearby
Latitude: 29.833128 Longitude: -91.544395 Elevation: 13 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
Carrie Stansbury

Hours Open

Private Home

Leave a Comment

Submit