Conveniently located 12 blocks from the Mississippi River in historic Alton, IL, sets the majestic BEALL MANSION.
Fully restored and authentically decorated in period antiques and reproductions, from the moment you arrive you will be taken back to a more romantic and gentile time. Original woodwork, marble and bronze statuary, and fine artwork abound.
Each elegant guest room features:
- private bathroom with Italian marble floor, whirlpool for two or clawfoot tub, and shower
- hardwood floor and hand sewn Oriental rugs
- luxurious feathered bed
- HDTV including premium movie channels, music, and On-Demand
Bed and Breakfast Style
Unwind in the Victorian parlor with a cup of all organic, single estate, free trade tea; coffee, or hot cocoa,
Treat yourself to the chocolate, chocolate, chocolate buffet - 21 or more different "all you can eat" chocolates, 24 hours a day,
Relax on the front verandah, or walk around an acre of grounds and gardens.
Want to make your stay even more relaxing? In-room massage and spa services are also available.
Life usually doesn't give you options, The BEALL MANSION does.
Choose either a self serve continental breakfast in the butler's pantry, freshly prepared hot gourmet breakfast served in the formal dining room, or breakfast in bed.
Breakfast Style Served
Range of Rates
$99 to $358
- Super High Efficiency boiler and hot water radiator heat
- Passive solar design with a true North/South orientation
- Lots of natural lighting thanks to extra large windows and third floor solar tubes
- LED and fluorescent lights in work areas (where historical accuracy is not a
- Dimmer controls on select lighting
- Mature trees provide shade to protect against summer heat
- Room darkening shades block heat
- Large working windows and working transoms
- Ceiling fans in each guest room and the sitting room
- Low voltage landscape lighting
- Exterior security lights on sensors and timers
- Low water use commodes
- R-30 ceiling insulation
- Large refillable glass bottles of filtered water in guestrooms
- Extensive recycling
- Used soap provided to the needy
- Stay over guests have the option of reusing towels and linens rather than changing daily
- Dehumidifier water used for house plants
- We make many of our cleaning products
- Grow many of our own herbs in our own organic herb garden
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
Think local. Buy local. Stay local. The BEALL MANSION is locally owned and operated.
Thank you for supporting local small business.
Not handicap accessible.
Pet Friendly Notes
Pet free. Nearby kennel facilities are available.